Faced with a troublesome coding issue? Free assistance is offered by AccuQuik, a local company staffed with coders accredited by the American Academy of Professional Coders, including Certified Professional Coders, a Certified Evaluation and Management Coder and a Certified Professional Medical Auditor. Click here to ask a coding question.
- VCMA does not endorse or guarantee AccuQuik’s accuracy.
- All staff are Certified Coders with AAPC
- VCMA is not receiving compensation for this referral.
Communication System Services
E-mail a one page practice announcement to VCMA, to have it immediately faxed and/or emailed to every VCMA member. Or, purchase a set of members mailing labels (sorted by zip code) for practice or meeting announcements; $100 members, $400 non-members.
Classified ad placed quarterly requesting resumes for the positions of Office Manager, Front/Back Office Medical Assistants, Nurses, Billers, Receptionists, PA’s, RN’s and MA’s. Physicians or Managers call the VCMA office at any time to request copies.
Fax Facts & News for Your Practice
Monthly Newsletter sent via fax and email with timely issues updates, meeting announcements, etc.
General Membership Dinner Meetings
4 or 5 each year, bringing dynamic speakers addressing timely issues and affording regular relaxed, congenial social events – complimentary dinner for all members. Exhibitor space available for outside business vendors and physician members to showcase their practices ($350).
Practice Management Workshops
3 – 4 times per year, VCMA provides Practice Management Workshops Office and Business Managers of physician members, including annual OSHA Staff Training and developing supervisory skills.
Patient Resource & Referral Service
Approximately 600 telephone referrals per quarter 805/484-6822, and public access to Internet website referral (Physician Locator) www.venturamedical.org. Advance Health Care Directives are made available to the public, and to members at reduced cost.
CMA offers frequent informative webinars. Free to VCMA members and their staff. Past webinars available On-Demand.
Benefits of Membership
Enhance your practice, improve your bottom line, protect your autonomy as a physician.
In addition to being the voice for local physicians with policy-makers, the VCMA provides resources and tools to support our members’ practices and improve patient care.
Influence – Policy, Advocacy and Compliance
- Leading on Advocacy & Policy Development – VCMA is one of the most influential county medical associations and carries a very large number of votes in CMA. Your membership helps us secure our votes, play a major role in determining physician priorities and legislative policies in California.
- Access to Influencers - Direct access to our state and national legislative leaders to influence how medical care is provided today and in the future.
- Monitoring Regulations that affect your practice - Up-to-date information and resources about existing and emerging laws and regulations to arm you with the information needed for compliance.
- Developing Visionary Leaders - Leadership opportunities abound with your county medical association, special interest committees and California Medical Association special interest groups. In today’s legislative and regulatory environment, it’s essential that physicians are directly involved in health care leadership on all fronts.
- Making Connections and Building Influence – We help you build the necessary skills to make connections and directly influence the future of the practice and the business of health care.
Amplify Your Business and Your Brand
- Rapid Response and Direct Intervention – Our extensive relationships throughout the health care industry allows us to swiftly respond to threats to your practice and your corporate brand.
- Physician Referrals - In a consumer-driven world, patients have many options when it comes to health care. Aligning your business with VCMA and CMA harnesses statewide and local influence which provides unparalleled exposure.
- Profiling Your Leadership and Initiatives - We will profile and promote our members in VCMA and CMA publications, newsletters, website and social media channels. Members can publish research, practice advances, projects, and opinions.
Professional Practice Support
The VCMA team and partners work with the healthcare organizations to address problems, challenges. We listen to your needs, we integrate strategies and provide real solutions. We are your personal and professional support system. CMA HELP LINE: 800-786-4262
- Brand & Reputation Protection
- Referral Services with online Membership Directory and Smartphone App
- HIPAA-compliant messages directly from iPad, iPhone and Android devices
- Statewide Physician Wellness Program
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Reimbursement Assistance
- Legal Services / Health Law Library
- Professional Development
- Practice Resources and Education
- Medical Staff Workshops
- Subscription to Bi-monthly magazine, The Bulletin
- Discounted Insurance
- Discounted tickets to local attractions and services ?
- Investment and Retirement Planning Support
- California Physician Career Center
- Student Support
- Resident Support
- Financial Services
- Legislative Advocacy / MICRA
- Physicians’ Confidential Line
- Payor Contract Analysis
- Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Discounted website design services
- Up to 80% Discount on office supplies
- Discounted HiPAA Compliance services
- 30% Discounted medical waste removal
- Regulatory compliance services
- Discount off Human Resource Consulting